POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dahlstrom craters [~93K Jpg] : Re: Dahlstrom craters and my rills [~137K Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dahlstrom craters and my rills [~137K Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 8 Nov 2002 09:48:27
Message: <3dcbcebb@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...

> Here's some real crater pictures:
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990326.html
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap020913.html
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010809.html
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap011215.html
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap020322.html

Which goes to show why I can only attempt the artistic approach and not hope
to achieve the reality of nature  :-)

Anyway, I submit this latest rendering. Been trying to get better craters
and add rills and more color. I'm at a loss so far to have the craters
overlap in a way that shows proper age. They are still additive or averaged
and aside from making separate areas of different levels of cratering I
haven't happened across the right method yet.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'asteroidcraterfield-2.jpg' (102 KB)

Preview of image 'asteroidcraterfield-2.jpg'
asteroidcraterfield-2.jpg