POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Designing a shuttle : Re: Designing a shuttle Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Designing a shuttle
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Nov 2002 04:05:51
Message: <3dcb7e6f@news.povray.org>
Gena wrote:
> Great model! I like that smoothness very much.

Thank you! I like the smoothness too, although it may be exaggerated as some
people have pointed out.

> Those pipes shouldn't it be hollow ? :)

Good point. I suppose they should, if it looks good.

> Can you share your impression from Wing3D ?
> Does it worth to install and learn ?

I downloaded Wings3D half a year ago, and I don't regret it.. It may scare
off some people that it's programmed in a kind of 'basic' language; this
means it runs slower than most programs, but since my computer runs 1 Ghz, I
rarely notice.. Actually I have only good things to say about Wings3D.. It
has a VERY clean user-interface that works, even for a newbie. You'll get
results immediately and learn fast, as opposed to Lightwave, 3dsMax, Rhino,
Amapi, Zbrush and Hamapatch that I have tried, but I think they are all
clumsy compared to Wings3D.. And, only Wings3D is freeware..

Polygon modelling is a nice addition to POV modelling (not a replacement,
but very useful) so I don't think you will be sorry to give it a try.. You
can export models directly to POV 3.5.

Wings3D don't have much documentation, but it's not needed either.
www.wings3d.com

Regards,
Hugo