POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Designing a shuttle : Re: Designing a shuttle Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Designing a shuttle
From: hughes, b
Date: 8 Nov 2002 03:45:41
Message: <3dcb79b5@news.povray.org>
I really like this sort of look. Seamless, molded plastic of 3D modelling.
Even if it is meant to be a type of metal alloy instead. :-)

If you had to mess it up with details I'd have to say that maybe cutting it
up and gluing it back together with tiny gaps here and there might be okay.
Or just lines put strategically around certain places using images. Take for
example those three raised lines on the upper right. If they were to look
like access panels to some interior machinery that could make sense. It
might be feasible to create copies of those kinds of parts to use as
clippings from the original piece, reshaped just enough to slice into the
model along edges. Then you'd also have a kind of working model with parts
able to move and not just a static mockup. In some ways I'd think that
easier to do too than doing image maps. Probably depends on your skill level
in whatever area you go with.