POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dahlstrom craters [~93K Jpg] : Dahlstrom craters [~93K Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Dahlstrom craters [~93K Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 7 Nov 2002 08:48:07
Message: <3dca6f17@news.povray.org>
Here's my try at rendering Mr. Dahlstrom's crater function which uses a
spline. I haven't changed anything about it yet except to apply a psuedo
curved surface over the whole thing so I could get a asteroid look instead
of flat plane. This is only a heightfield but the crater function has a
sphere added to make the image used for the HF. I really like these craters
so thanks, Johannes, from me too.

Just a thought here, you (anybody) might want to add your name and possibly
e-mail to your scripts before posting them. I had already forgotten who made
it so I looked it up again and added your name to my file here. I don't
always do that either though, depends on whether I'm thinking of it at the
time or not.

--
Farewell,
Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'asteroidcraterfield1.jpg' (68 KB)

Preview of image 'asteroidcraterfield1.jpg'
asteroidcraterfield1.jpg