POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : (Request) Re: Height field bug found and fixed : Re: (Request) Re: Height field bug found and fixed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:47:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Request) Re: Height field bug found and fixed
From: Slime
Date: 6 Nov 2002 13:43:42
Message: <3dc962de$1@news.povray.org>
> I noticed that you made your patch available, but it also includes
numerous
> extensions to the code that have nothing to do with the actual problem.
> Would it be possible to provide a hfield.cpp which only fixes the bug and
> not requiring me to carefully dissect the code and remove everything that
is
> not part of the bug fix?

Mmm. I haven't touched the patch for a while. I'll see if I can create a new
hfield.cpp.

All you want is the smoothing artifact bugfix, right? (Not to be confused
with the normal accuracy bugfix, which has nothing to do with height fields,
but should probably also be included in the official version. That's just a
single line change though.)

I'll email it to you later.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]