POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg) : Re: Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg)
From: Rune
Date: 2 Nov 2002 21:41:32
Message: <3dc48cdc$1@news.povray.org>
Mark James Lewin wrote:
> It should be able to run backward. I'll have to try.

Slowing down to a stop I can understand, but I can't see how you can
make it run backwards, without having to recalculate everything from
scratch in those frames that run backwards (which would parse very
slowly). Unless of course you save the data for each calculation step so
that you have at once the data for the entire simulation, as opposed to
just for one frame at a time. But that can require quite big amounts of
space for simulations with many particles...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)