POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Towers of Hanoi ( 256 KB mpg ) : Towers of Hanoi ( 256 KB mpg ) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Towers of Hanoi ( 256 KB mpg )
From: Rune
Date: 2 Nov 2002 21:02:27
Message: <3dc483b3@news.povray.org>
The Tower of Hanoi puzzle was invented by the French mathematician
Edouard Lucas in 1883. We are given a tower of N discs, initially
stacked in decreasing size on the left peg. The objective is to transfer
the entire tower to the right peg, moving only one disk at a time and
never a larger one onto a smaller.

I found a lot of applets on the net simulating this puzzle, but none of
them showed the discs actually moving, so I thought I'd make an
animation where you can actually see the discs moving from peg to peg.
:)

I've heard that this puzzle has been implemented in just about every
programming language, since it's a classical example of a problem with a
simple recursive solution. Is it the first time it has been made in
POV-Ray?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)

Attachments: