POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More gum chewing : Re: More gum chewing (305 kbbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More gum chewing (305 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 1 Nov 2002 22:08:56
Message: <3dc341c8$1@news.povray.org>
"Aaron" <aar### [at] ihugconz> wrote in message
> Good stuff!

1)  My plan is later to make lip-sync shapes for the lips. It's just an
ellipse cutting into the blob for now.

2) I have a body, too.  I shared a basic outline of the system  at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/19489
But the new system is even more modular, comes with a laser-firing ring, and
has more realistic modelling.

> Try placing the pivot point for the jaw roughly just forward of
>  the ear lobe?  In otherwords up a bit.  :)

3) My bone "points" are based on a pretty detailed anatomical skeleton's
drawing in front & side views.  I believe I have the rotation point in the
right place. If it appears out of place to you, that's a signal to me
there's some other problem with the construction, perhaps that the jawbone
is submerged on this surface with the current construction.

> Also try putting a bit of "fatness" behind the bottom lip just
> where the teeth are.

4) Good anatomical advice.  A coding headache given my current system.

Remco writes:
> To be honest I like the previous one better
> (pose329sun.mpg)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

> but that might also be because
> it's smaller. The ridges on the
> lower jaw look too artificial.

Good point that I should find another way to get a pointy chin.

<<There is one other thing that becomes obvious in this animation
(and was already in the other one too) which I think isn't
entirely right: the rotation point (hinge?) of the lower jaw
seems to be to far backward. Or actually it's probably too far
down, since the jaw is attached to the skull somewhere near the
ears.>>

Again, I think that perhaps I've got  some other problem. The rotation may
appear off due to other modelling problems.

> The cylinder blobs must have slowed down rendering
>  a lot, right?

One minute per 320x240 frame. It is all one blob, 'cept the eyeballs and
teeth and tongue.   I had 30 cylinders for the chin before but when to 90
plus 30 more negative ones for an "oral cavity".