POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : cheap smoke (divx) : Re: cheap smoke mpeg-1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:32:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cheap smoke mpeg-1
From: Tek
Date: 31 Oct 2002 21:59:52
Message: <3dc1ee28@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gregj:-)56590@ao:-)l.com> wrote in message
news:3dc1e93e$1@news.povray.org...
> How about MPG-1?

Ahem, yes... Well I'm afraid I don't have the source to it any more! I thought I
had an mpeg version of the animation lying around somewhere, but it seems not...

However I have found a later version of the effect, and after some tampering
I've managed to render a similar animation. It doesn't look quite as nice 'cause
the lighting is set up differently.

This one took 9 minutes 6 seconds on my P3 550MHz, whereas the other one took 7
minutes 25 secs on a P4 2Ghz!

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cheapsmoke00.m1v.mpg' (114 KB)