POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : PartixGen - Inertia, second attempt (MPG 340kb) : Re: PartixGen - Inertia, second attempt (MPG 340kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PartixGen - Inertia, second attempt (MPG 340kb)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Oct 2002 19:16:16
Message: <3dc1c7d0$1@news.povray.org>
No problem. Perhaps I'll add the Wind
later, as an update. I want to finish and release
a functional version quiet soon, if I get the time
to do so. I'd like to hear some oppinions of
its usability and flexibility (though thats both pretty
limited).

To make it clear: You can choose between
several algorithms to calculate the path a particle
takes. One is "physics", which calculates real
physical contact with the unrotated boundary-box,
another one is "simple" which uses Wind and Gravity
to move particles, but no physical interaction with
the box (it parses quicker than "physics", thus its
"simple" :-) and "macro", which takes a user-defined
macro to calculate a path.
So those animations where particles bounce off of
walls, that's "physics" and has no support for
wind (yet, hoping that it is possible to implement)...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias