POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg) : Re: Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle matrix effect with I/O (277kb mpg)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Oct 2002 19:12:04
Message: <3dc1c6d4@news.povray.org>
I knew that it can be done. After all, I/O may be
modelled in such a way that particle may move
slower and slower until they stop, its just the
velocity and gravity have to be influenced appropriately
as not to negate the realistic effect.

But, is it possible for your system to run backwards?

But never mind. I guess everything can be implemented
in a non-I/O as well as an I/O system, its just patience and
knowledge that divides the possibilities. Look at Rune's
system, it supports looping. So, in a sense, it could
support moving backwards through time, as it would
just have to calculate the path of a particle a little less
further...
But sometimes you want nice, easy and intuitive
algorithms and setups, and then its sometimes the
best idea to model programs to fit a certain task.

And I do like the animation, though it should go a
little longer to see the balls drop, and they should
be stretched a little from speed, like you can see
in some of Rune's animations (IIRC) and Chris'
System, and last of all, mine. :-)

--
Tim Nikias
news:3DC### [at] yahoocomau...