POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : PartixGen - Inertia (MPG 278kb) : Re: PartixGen - Inertia (MPG 278kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PartixGen - Inertia (MPG 278kb)
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 29 Oct 2002 10:31:42
Message: <3dbea9de$1@news.povray.org>
> I must admit however I'm a bit confused as to what's happening.  I'd be less
> disoriented if there were some object or other way to get a feel for where
> the particles are being generated from.  I was expecting it to be one end of
> the railing but am not sure of its purpose.

It seemed clear to me that the particles were reacting to centrifugal force, rather
than any
pre-built-in force (such as being shot from a canon, or water compressed emiting from
fountain). Hence the rail.. the motion of the emitter (which travels along the rail)
at any
one point dictating the direction and velocity of the particles at the moment that
they're
emitted.

And I like the camera motion, though I would agree that it's not strictly neccessary.

All the best,

Andy Cocker