POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forewarning : Re: Forewarning Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forewarning
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 26 Oct 2002 12:57:14
Message: <3dbac96a$1@news.povray.org>
Psychomech wrote:
> I love it!   how did you do it?

Well, I took my library scene that I've been playing with, and
I activated my 'dusty atmosphere' media after changing it to try
to make it look more like dust (have no idea whether I did or
not, I just changed the density and ramped up the scattering
colour on the media), I turned on photons with a spacing of 0.25
and media 1, everything else default, radiosity on with who knows
how useless settings....

My glass candle sconces in the chandelier are the only things
directly affecting photons; target 1.0, refraction, and the
point lights in the chandelier are the only things generating
photons (refracting only).  Six of each in a circle (see other
post of the close-up of chandelier), and the ambient media are
the things responsible for the light show.

I'm rendering a 167.333 FOV version of the scene now, looking
straight down from a point just below the hook holding the
chandelier.  It's taking quite a bit longer.  In fact, 9 hours
later, it's only 19% done.  Hmm...I think I'll cancel this and
play around with other settings a bit.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com