POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Trailing rainbow with 150 particles (MPEG 186kb) : Re: Trailing rainbow with 150 particles (MPEG 186kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trailing rainbow with 150 particles (MPEG 186kb)
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 26 Oct 2002 04:25:56
Message: <3dba5194@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> > 9 hours??? Gosh, you have *way* more patients then me ;-)
>
> Nope, not really, I was sleeping...

Mmm... top tip... must remember that one! (Ooo, hey - I could use my laptop
as a hot water bottle... :-)

> > Just out of interest, does this thing use radiosity or normal point
> lights?
>
> These are fading point lights.

Fading as in using fade_power?

I assume it's one lightsource per particle... Isn't that rather a lot of
lights? (Could explane why it looks a bit like radiosity I guess...)

> Radiosity requires way too high settings
> with way too much time to be accurate enough for an animation
> like this (I've tried with other, similiar things before).

Fair enough - this scene seems to take quite long enuf already! ;-)

Andrew.