POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Calculating the View Factor? : Re: Calculating the View Factor? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calculating the View Factor?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 25 Oct 2002 05:37:54
Message: <3db910f2$1@news.povray.org>

news:3db7a6b9@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
> is it possible to calculate the view factor for all objects? I want to
> calculate the "radiation-heat-transfer" from one object to another.
> Thanks, Fabian

Assuming I've understood what you're asking, I would repost to advanced users,
but I would assume that this will be very hard to calculate for all but the
simplest objects.

You might be able to get some interesting info by rendering the image w/ and w/o
radiosity and doing some kind of difference-comparison between the two images.