POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. : Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray.
From: Tom Melly
Date: 25 Oct 2002 05:35:00
Message: <3db91044$1@news.povray.org>
"Lunaxx" <jka### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> It looks like if there would be only like 16 shades of blue or something,
> not 256 as it should be. I wonder what's wrong? I don't have 256 color
> desktop or anything...

Hmm, define "shades of blue" - all POV output is 16million+ colours, and you
should make sure that your monitor is set up to support this or you will see
dithering (the actual image will still be high colour - this will only affect
the display).

> My other problem concerns Moray & POV-Ray co-work. When I render a scene
> from Moray, POV-Ray opens normally, but it displays an error message when
> trying to render the image. It says: Command line error: Unrecognized
> output file format X. However, when i load the scene in POV-Ray after this,
> it renders it completely normally. What should I do??

Basically, Moray, for some reason, is specifying an unknown or unsupported
output image format. I don't know moray well enough to know what you need to
change, but dig around in the manual or the options menu and see what you can
find relating to image-output.