POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2 : Re: 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2 Server Time
22 May 2024 08:58:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2
From: Karl J  Anders
Date: 25 Oct 2002 03:33:45
Message: <3db8f3d9@news.povray.org>
Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Same problem here (233 MHz beige G3, 192MB Ram, OS8.6, CarbonLib D-1.5, with
> and without Kaleidoscope)
> and at a number of other places.
> Seems like build 0173 is broken somewhere.
> Does anybody have a build 0170 that I could download somewhere?
> I have picked up the source tree, but I don't think I'd be able to create MPW
> makefiles from scratch for the whole kaboodle. And I don't do serious software
> development on my mac, so I did not invest into CW...
> I'd go back to 3.1g only very reluctantly.
>
> Cheers,
> Hans-Martin

Even worse here !
( 350 Mhz G4, 128MB Ram, OS9.0.4, CarbonLib D-1.5 )
I can't even try to render something. When Starting POV, it gets to
"initializing library" , beeps a few times, then HANGS !

I do still have a 0170 installed - which has memory leaks all over
the place - at least, it says so itself ! BUT I don't have any webspace
to put it for you to download - sorry.
And I really WON'T mail you 6.4 MB ;-)

Cheerio
Karl

--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
(H.Ellison)