POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Invading UFO's in formation (WIP) : Re: Invading UFO's in formation (WIP) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invading UFO's in formation (WIP)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 25 Oct 2002 01:36:20
Message: <3db8d854@news.povray.org>
It's a seamless image map (without a bump map, unfortunately) that I found
somewhere on the internetwork. I do recall that it was a free sample from a
collection of metal textures that you could purchase.

I used this finish:
#declare UFOFinish = finish {
   ambient 0
   specular .4
   roughness .03
   diffuse .8
   brilliance 1.7
   metallic
   reflection .06
   irid {.1 thickness .5 turbulence 1}
}

texture {uv_mapping pigment {image_map {png "Metal01.png" interpolate 2}
scale .5} finish {UFOFinish}}
I don't recall where I got the image map, but I'll be glad to e-mail it to
you!

--
-David