POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: "Plasma Machine" [1 image, ~ 500KB] : WIP: "Plasma Machine" [1 image, ~ 500KB] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: "Plasma Machine" [1 image, ~ 500KB]
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 23 Oct 2002 13:58:42
Message: <3db6e352@news.povray.org>
Day after day I sit here wondering if anyone will post something really
cool. Some days they do, some days they don't.

But then I thought, hey, instead of waiting for someone else to do something
cool, why don't you get off your *** and do something cool yourself!

So...

This has taken me all day to put together. Hardly seems worth it, does it?
The plasma is ok, but the solid surfaces are the wrong colours -
individually nice, but they clash too much. The floor and roof look boring.
The scale is just plain wrong. (The green ball in the center is 10 meters
across - doesn't look it!) And I can't get the lighting right at all! What
do other folks think? (I'm probably gonna do several different views so
people can see all of it...)

Andrew.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: