POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP - EarthRise (34kbu) : Re: IRTC WIP - EarthRise (34kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP - EarthRise (34kbu)
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 22 Oct 2002 22:36:12
Message: <3db60b1c@news.povray.org>
Very nice scene Gail!

I do have a few suggestions that might be of some use.  As stated already,
the atmosphere is a bit too thick if you are shooting for realism.  The blue
glow around the Earth is nice artistic touch though and it shouldn't be
omitted.  Perhaps you could decrease the radius while increasing the
brightness of the media.

As far as the lunar surface is concerned.  I think it should be much more
brighter, almost like snow on a sunny day.  The lunar albedo gives it white
to light gray appearance rather then a dark gray.  I think you should keep
the structures but try moving the dish tower towards the center of one of
the structure concentrations.  It looks a little funny sitting out there by
itself.

Skip