POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where can I find the output imagine data? : Re: Where can I find the output imagine data? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where can I find the output imagine data?
Date: 21 Oct 2002 16:43:11
Message: <3db56669.110989714@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:04:55 -0400, "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu>
wrote:
>   The following is what I want to do:
>   Suppose I put a radar in the camera position. Because the radar emit the
>electromagnetic wave, so it also likes a light source. I want the data back
>to the radar, that is to say, the camera position. I think that this is the
>same data which I can see by render some pov file(output image data,right?)
>if I put camera and light source in the same position. But I am not familar
>with this huge program. So please tell me where can I find the output
>imagine data?

It sounds like you're after the distance from the camera to the
nearest intersection for a given pixel, perhaps for 3-d output ?? If
so you don't need to modify the source to get that, just union all the
objects together and texture with a gradient from white to black along
the camera view vector. Using 16-bit greyscale for max depth
resolution, otherwise you get max 255 steps.

/Erkki