POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 4.0 : Re: POV-Ray 4.0 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 4.0
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Oct 2002 07:54:42
Message: <3db53c82$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3db5357d321d02b3abea94790@news.povray.org> , "roederf"
<roe### [at] csuni-bonnde> wrote:

> We are working on a project using POV-Ray at university of Bonn. As we have
> to use the POV-Ray programming style guides, we would like to know when the
> new version (4.0) will be released and if the programming style will be
> changed (real classes etc.).

There is no official release schedule or anything like that and the POV-Team
does not disclose internal schedules in general.  That said, while POV-Ray
4.0 will be rewritten in C++, some fundamental aspects of ray-tracing
enforce a certain class structure which at the very least implies all
objects have methods which provide what is currently provided as part of
"Method_Struct" in frame.h .

May I ask which department/professor is leading the research?  If you don't
want to post this here, you may also contact me at
<tho### [at] fitfraunhoferde>.  But please note that I don't read
(or reply) to email ever day.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg