POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another height field improvement : Re: Another height field improvement Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another height field improvement
From: Slime
Date: 20 Oct 2002 15:42:10
Message: <3db30712@news.povray.org>
> > smooth [int[, int]]
> >
> > the first int beging the smoothing type, and the second being the normal
> > calculation type.
> >

> I think an additional keyword would be better.  For some reason, someone
may
> want your triangulation method *without* having the HF smooth.

I agree. The smooth[int[,int]] thing I suggested was for the possibility of
not precalculating normals, which would only occur in the case of a smooth
height field. For the triangulation feature, I've implemented a separate
keyword.

Maybe you knew that already and were just agreeing with me. Heh =)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]