POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 17 Oct 2002 03:58:50
Message: <3dae6dba@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3DA### [at] alphalinkcomau> , Edward Coffey
> <eco### [at] alphalinkcomau>  wrote:
>
>>> You are kidding, right?
>>
>> Could you be more specific?
>
> Well, I am just not sure it is a good idea at all.  Or better, I should
> say I was not sure if it is a good idea because of the possible flames and
> such that would be the result.

Although you didn't get much output, there weren't any flames as ABX
correctly concluded.

> Now I am not sure if there are
> many people even familiar enough with the core code to participate in any
> such discussion.

Probably, but even if there're only a dozen, it might help. Other open
software programmers have chosen such an approach and are still doing so:
Linux or XFree to name just two not so small projects.

To create a newsgroup on news.povray.org for the delevopers sounds natural
to me. If there is too much background noise, you can still make it
moderated or even read-only for others. IMO you won't loose much (except
the reputation of a secret group doing strange things in the dark).

Just my 0.02 Euro
Thomas