POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Something holding up the works... : Re: Something holding up the works... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something holding up the works...
From: Johannes Dahlstrom
Date: 15 Oct 2002 15:21:07
Message: <3dac6aa2@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> But if we make those parts slightly overlapping?

Yes, that should work. Of course, then there'll actually be _more_
coincident surfaces (on the sides), but if the objects have the same
texture (which they do have in our case) this shouldn't be a problem. And
anyway, if the parts overlap only very slightly, it wouldn't even be
visible.

> It seems that its not THAT important anyhow, lets just
> stick to union{} for non-transparent objects and breaking
> the CSG in parts then.

Yep.

-Johannes