POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Something holding up the works... : Re: Something holding up the works... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something holding up the works...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Oct 2002 05:38:55
Message: <3dabe22f$1@news.povray.org>
I think I had a sentence saying that if there is
no need for transparency, merge{} might be
left out...

So unless you actually use discs/triangles/planes
which intersect with another area, the coincident
surface should be no problem, as these should be
on the inside of a non-transparent object. And media
also only shows up in transparent objects.

I guess you've just overread that, no offense taken.
It seems we both know the pro's and con's of merge
vs union... :-)

Regards,
Tim

--