POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Something holding up the works... : Re: resolution of histogram Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: resolution of histogram
From: hughes, b
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:00:33
Message: <3dab1451@news.povray.org>
Sorry, please let me rephrase what I said last time.

I just tried a histogram again myself and I was thinking wrong about the way
the resolution is done. I seldom ever use that feature, great as it may be.
In fact, having reread the Doc on histogram it seems to suggest only PNG
image format works as I was thinking, not bmp or others. Not really sure.
Shows how little I've used it.

Anyway, since I'm back I should point out the fact that noise might get
introduced from slowdowns caused outside of POV-Ray, such as multi-tasking.
So don't rely on 1:1 ratio histograms to be exact, that's where using a
block of pixels can be better for averaging it out I guess.
--
Farewell,
Bob