POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My recent work : Re: My recent work Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My recent work
From: Slime
Date: 13 Oct 2002 19:00:36
Message: <3da9fb14$1@news.povray.org>
> Wow. Looks good.

Thanks =)

> In what kind of situations does it fail?

If you had a question mark character in 3d ("?"), and the light were up and
a little to the right, then some parts on the concave part of the mark, not
the main one, but sort of at the bottom right, would be illuminated when
they were supposed to be in shadow.

> Also what will the pov code to turn it on look like?

Right now you simply add "fix_shadow_line [0 | 1]" to the object.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]