POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My recent work : My recent work Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  My recent work
From: Slime
Date: 13 Oct 2002 16:24:32
Message: <3da9d680@news.povray.org>
I got sidetracked by what I believe to be another height field bug having to
do with shadows, but I couldn't find the problem, so I put that down for
now.

Anyway, here are my fixes to the two bugs mentioned at the end of the FAQ in
the documentation. The shadow line artifact is, as the FAQ says, extremely
hard to find a good fix for that works in all situations. In fact, I'm
pretty convinced it's impossible to solve in *all* situations,  but this fix
works in many. And it's off by default.

This is, of course, in the same upcoming patch as my normal accuracy bug fix
and the 4D noise function. Assuming I figure out how to create a patch =)
(Is it as simple as creating the EXE for people to download?)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'shadowlineartifactbugfix.jpg' (63 KB)

Preview of image 'shadowlineartifactbugfix.jpg'
shadowlineartifactbugfix.jpg