POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Temple (reworked IRTC image) : Re: The Temple (reworked IRTC image) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Temple (reworked IRTC image)
From: Christoph Gerber
Date: 13 Oct 2002 12:23:59
Message: <3da99e1f@news.povray.org>
Your comment is absolutely correct. However, in order to scale down the
leaves I would have to increase the recursion level for the trees by one or
two units (they are made with Gill Tran's MakeTree macro). This would
dramatically increase the memory  usage for this scene which is already at
the limit for my 500 MB RAM. I see only two solutions for this problem,
either buy a new PC with more memory or completely rebuild the whole scene
using mesh plants instead of CSG plants. Fortunately in the mean time there
is a good and afordable tool to make mesh trees, the Forester Arboretrum by
Stephen Dartnall.
Regards, Christoph

news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...