POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : max_trace_level question (28.4 KB & 72.4 KB) : Re: max_trace_level question (28.4 KB & 72.4 KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max_trace_level question (28.4 KB & 72.4 KB)
From: hughes, b
Date: 12 Oct 2002 14:46:54
Message: <3da86e1e@news.povray.org>
I hate to speculate without really knowing but sure seems to me someone
mentioned this kind of thing up in the past about rendering size + memory
usage + max_trace_level or something. I could be mistaken.

It might be worth a try to check to see if a global_settings {adc_bailout 0
max_trace_level YourMaxTraceLevel} fixes it or not. It should leave
max_trace_level as the sole factor involved (I think). If you find there
isn't anything wrong with the ashtray texture anyway that might be an
option. That's the only thing I could think of that might make a difference.
Unless a large amount of memory used matters in some way, which squelches
out the max_trace_level regardless of adc_bailout.

I really haven't had this experience to say one way or another, just thought
I'd bring it up.
--
Farewell,
Bob