POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first POV-Ray image [118kB] : Re: My first POV-Ray image [118kB] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first POV-Ray image [118kB]
From: hughes, b
Date: 11 Oct 2002 00:07:48
Message: <3da64e94@news.povray.org>
"Marc Champagne" <nos### [at] pleasecom> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> "Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> wrote in news:3da61bf7@news.povray.org:
> > Your first image has to be a reflective sphere hovering
> > over a checkered plane.
> > In some rare cases also a glass sphere is acceptable.
>
> Ah yes I remember now, I believe I have followed this law (about 10
> years ago) and yes I am pretty sure all newbies must past this ultimate
> "I got the prog, now what, lets take the sample scene and play with it"

My very first was a gelatinous-looking torus with blue sphere in the center,
set against a ugly brownish-orangish-yellowish highly turbulent bozo
patterned plane; which I believe was copied from another file by Dan Farmer
or one of those other pioneering POVers' renderings I had seen. I don't
remember now. It took me a while to try the reflective sphere over checkered
plane.

As to this rendering... it seems fairly washed out to me. That might have
been the intention, but were it me doing it radiosity brightness could be
less or lower diffuse. It's a nice scene anyway, especially for a "1st".
--
Farewell,
Bob