POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Function based distortions of non isosurfaces : Re: Function based distortions of non isosurfaces Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:33:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function based distortions of non isosurfaces
From: Jeff M  Thomas
Date: 9 Oct 2002 12:51:16
Message: <3da45e84@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:19:31 -0700, "Jeff M. Thomas" <zaz### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:
> > Well, I think the real proximity function is in the isosurface code
which
> > I've left essentially unchanged.
>
> There is some proximity function in sources ???? I can't find such a
keyword
> in listing. I mean something like famouse proximity pattern ?

No there isn't that I know of either. I was referring to the isosurface code
which focuses in on the surface of the object using recursive subdivision.
It doesn't really have any proximity code, it relies on the user defined
function for proximity information. I wasn't thinking too clearly last
night, sorry :}.

- Jeff
jef### [at] twilightfaircom