POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cubes [23k] : Re: Cubes [23k] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubes [23k]
From: Vincenzo Marchese
Date: 9 Oct 2002 10:41:06
Message: <3da44002@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Vincenzo Marchese wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone,
>>I'd like to receive your comments about this image, expecially about the
>>wood cubes.
>>

> Looks good, but not like wood at all...
>
> Christoph

I just had a look at your site... ;)
...will try your IsoWood.
Actually my cubes are isosurfaces with a function:
  fn_rounded_box - fn_Wood
where fn_Wood is a pigment function using the povray3.5 wood pattern.
I am not using MegaPOV but I'll try to reproduce your great wood
pigments with POVray 3.5 (if it is possible)

Thanks
V.

--
    I liked things better when I didn't understand them.
		  -- Calvin