POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Space Fight 4 (cool explosions) : Re: Space Fight 5 (camera follows ship) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Fight 5 (camera follows ship)
From: Jeff M  Thomas
Date: 8 Oct 2002 22:08:16
Message: <3da38f90$1@news.povray.org>
Very cool indeed. Something I was thinking about doing myself (but now I
don't have to ;-).

Some ideas:

If the target is near enough, have the camera adjust to have both ships in
view without the chasing ship blocking. At other times have it 'drift'
slighly off to one side.

Dodging or 'juking' ships could rotate.

A little more inertia, especially in the green ships which look bigger.

Ships could place a premium on chasing ships that are targetting their
compatriots (unless one of the races just doesn't care, as you mentioned
elsewhere).

I don't know if ships should know their being targeted, as such, but it'd be
cool if they noticed incoming shots, once they are close enough, and tried
to avoid those.

Maybe it takes more than one shot to kill the bigger craft. Smoke and parts
trails...

Persistant wreckage.

Yeah, a base or capital class ship would be really cool.

This would make a great group project...

Good work!

- Jeff