POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Height field bug found and fixed : Re: Height field bug found and fixed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field bug found and fixed
From: Slime
Date: 8 Oct 2002 19:05:46
Message: <3da364ca@news.povray.org>
> Well, good luck!  What is your major?

Electronic Media Arts and Communication. EMAC. But I plan on dualing with
Comp Sci as soon as I finish my Data Structures and Algorithms class.

> > (How do you know I go to RPI?)
>
> I know, you don't even say on your page :-)  But it is easy to find out.
On
> your page (where I looked for the source code) you mentioned a career
fair,
> so I knew you are at a university.  Then your message header helps a lot,
> too...

> A reverse DNS lookup of the IP 128.113.149.150 yields:
> <vaporeon-06.dynamic.rpi.edu>

Haha, I'm glad you didn't go to great lengths to figure this out =)

> BTW, never underestimate the amount of information that is available
online
> about you.  I.e. address and name at
<http://opensrs.org/cgi-bin/whois.cgi>.

Mmm, good point.

> But I won't ask how you had the idea for your nickname, it would be
> off-topic... ;-)

Old NES game, long story =)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]