POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Height field bug found and fixed : Re: Height field bug found and fixed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field bug found and fixed
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Oct 2002 18:37:14
Message: <3da35e1a@news.povray.org>
In article <3da35b36@news.povray.org> , "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:

>> BTW, there is a list at <http://www.povray.org/download/3.5-bugs.php> and
>> as you seem to have plenty of time (aren't there any midterms at RPI?) .....
>
> Oh, you mean like the 4-hour midterm I have tomorrow? Heh heh heh... =)

Well, good luck!  What is your major?

> (How do you know I go to RPI?)

I know, you don't even say on your page :-)  But it is easy to find out.  On
your page (where I looked for the source code) you mentioned a career fair,
so I knew you are at a university.  Then your message header helps a lot,
too...

A reverse DNS lookup of the IP 128.113.149.150 yields:
<vaporeon-06.dynamic.rpi.edu>

> I thought I would work on the triangle mesh 'bugs' described in the FAQ
> first. (Actually, working on the normal flipping bug is what brought me to
> this one.) Some of those bugs on the known bugs page are pretty obscure, and
> I haven't seen them myself. But I'll look into some of them eventually, I'm
> sure. I figure that a lot of them will disappear when 4.0 is created,
> though.

At least the blob bug(s) and superellipsoid bug should be possible to find
given enough time ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde