POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Height field bug found and fixed : Re: Height field bug found and fixed Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field bug found and fixed
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Oct 2002 17:53:02
Message: <3da353be$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3da337e1$1@news.povray.org> , "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:

> Have you ever created a smooth height field with some flat areas? Noticed
> how the smoothing around the flat areas, although looking rounded, doesn't
> quite look entirely *smooth*? See the image in p.b.i.

I agree that the image you show looks much better.  I am not familiar with
the hfield code, so I cannot comment on the correctness of your idea (also
it sounds very reasonable).

Where do I find the source code of your changes?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.