POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth height field normal bug found and fixed : Re: Smooth height field normal bug found and fixed Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth height field normal bug found and fixed
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 8 Oct 2002 17:20:59
Message: <3da34c3b$1@news.povray.org>
This is great! Magnificient!
I still remember all those long discussions about
reworking the entire code etc... I guess it was just
in the nature of the bug that everyone assumed it
to be working correctly, and that some calculation
discrepancies were the cause, and checking these
would surely mean that the code would have to be
redone in an entire different way...

I mean, think about: Calculate the normals, normalize
them, done... Who would expect that there's a mistake
in that assumption?

Very good job. Everyone's slapping their heads,
telling themselves: Why didn't I come up with that?

I don't blame anyone. Its just good that we get a
fix for this.

So, will this make it into POV-Ray 3.5a or 3.51?
:-)

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde