POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : varnish test : Re: varnish test Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: varnish test
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 8 Oct 2002 17:08:39
Message: <3da34957@news.povray.org>
Of course we all learn from each other. By example I love your pinnacle
texture from "chess".
The use of the slope dependent texture in the skin definition is really

I by myself am testing the use in plant textures. I hope to solve the
double_illumination problem you mentioned some months ago, where you used
media instead of double_illuminate in a leaf material of your phantastic
pond image. Up to now I have a simple meadow as an test. Grass and flowers
have all slope dependent pigment definitions.

Norbert

> I don't think qualify as a texture master as I mostly borrow stuff from
> other people. Particularly, the SEM texture thread above was very
productive
> for me: skin textures can also be simulated this way, by changing the
> diffuse value in the slope_map (this is what I used for the Poser tests).
>
> G.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'slope_pigment_test.jpg' (100 KB)

Preview of image 'slope_pigment_test.jpg'
slope_pigment_test.jpg