POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vermeer has finished... : Re: Vermeer has finished... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vermeer has finished...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Oct 2002 12:37:02
Message: <3da309ae@news.povray.org>

3da300eb$1@news.povray.org...
> But anyway, if he has used such advanced technologies and optical
> utilities, he could be considered as the first *raytracer* ever.

and he wrote a user's guide about it... The "rays" used were strings but the
main idea was there.

It took a lot of time, so that was certainly raytracing...

Here are the best links I could find (and sorry they're PDF) but if people
are interested I could post better images and a short description of how it
was done.
http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~cs453/lectures/14Raytracing.pdf
http://wwwicg.informatik.uni-rostock.de/Lehre/VSem_MG02/PhotorealBilder.pdf

G.