POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vermeer has finished... : Re: Vermeer has finished... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vermeer has finished...
From: Ive
Date: 8 Oct 2002 11:59:39
Message: <3da300eb$1@news.povray.org>
> Actually, Vermeer was probably using a camera obscura, which means that he
> was indeed sitting in the darkest part of the room.  More info here:
>
> http://www.grand-illusions.com/vermeer/vermeer1.htm

Yes, I know the rumours about his use of a camera obscura. In my
opinion, this is not true.
But anyway, if he has used such advanced technologies and optical
utilities, he could be considered as the first *raytracer* ever. And
from my point of view, this would not weaken his reputation as a
great artist in any way.

-Ive