POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vermeer has finished... : Re: Vermeer has finished... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vermeer has finished...
From: Ive
Date: 8 Oct 2002 11:59:37
Message: <3da300e9@news.povray.org>
> I just remembered something and now have to correct myself about my previous
> post regarding three windows in Vermeer's interior for "The Music Lesson".
>
> There is an illustration in the book I mentioned which shows the interior
> for the painting in question with the bottom half of the third window
> covered by outside shutters!
>
> So there is your answer to the third window question. This means you might
> have to do a little extra modeling if you feel like being really precise,
> and I have no idea what those shutters might have looked like. But there is
> a website you might find very useful, the website for the book:
> http://www.vermeerscamera.co.uk

Herman Serras has also mentioned this book in a post some weeks ago, and
I have ordered it already in my next corner bookstore - but this is a small, old
fashioned store where the owner seems to read all the books by himself before
selling them. Still, I never have seen this book by myself.

and I am soooooo curious....

-Ive