POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : pov_io_base question : Re: pov_io_base question Server Time
21 Jul 2024 06:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov_io_base question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Oct 2002 04:53:32
Message: <3da14b8c@news.povray.org>
In article <nih2quouobesergu3qtvmmithvvjskjfr2@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

> Working on MPEG port I found useful to perform buffered reading: allocate
> buffer and read fixed number of bytes there. The problem appear when there is
> less bytes to read than specified.

If you need to do that it indicates a flaw in your reading code.  Every
(reasonable) fileformat contains sufficient information to determine how
much information is in the file, and you should just never read over the end
of a file.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde