POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Tiger-Duck (Tigerente) [170kB bu] : Tiger-Duck (Tigerente) [170kB bu] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Tiger-Duck (Tigerente) [170kB bu]
From: Markus Becker
Date: 6 Oct 2002 18:23:14
Message: <3da0b7d2@news.povray.org>
Hi,

this is my first post to *.animations (after I-know-not-how-many years
of using POV-Ray). It is a creature invented by the german author of
many children's books, "Janosch", called the "tiger-duck" (Tigerente).
The meaning of the name will be obvious, if you see this thing.

I made it about three/four years ago, the body is a prism with a
marble pigment pattern and a wood normal. The wheels are cylinders
with a wood texture and normal and rotated and translated to the
proper positions. The eye is a blue cylinder. That's all.

I have modeled it after a small wood-model I have sitting here on my
monitor. All you have to do is imagine some kind of a "squeak - squeak"
noise as it is supposed to being pulled on a chord (which kind of
looks like a stick rammed into its breast...). Unfortunately I am not
able to find the source code any more, so this is all I really have...

Forgive me if there's something technically wrong with this posting...

Just in case the movie (mpeg4 stuffed into an AVI) suffered too much
from compression or someone cannot see it, the uncompressed AVI (at
640*480 but no aa) and this one too, can be found at:

http://yetimb.bei.t-online.de/software/POV/

Loop it!

Markus

Post a reply to this message