POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : I am so excited!!! : Re: I am so excited!!! Server Time
21 Jul 2024 06:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am so excited!!!
From: Slime
Date: 6 Oct 2002 01:07:48
Message: <3d9fc524$1@news.povray.org>
> I assume you compiled a custom version of POV to test this.  Now that
you've
> had a bit of experience modifying POV, I encourage you to continue playing
> with some of the other internal workings of POV and learn some more C++
and
> C along the way.  :-)

Yup, I know enough C++ to get along alright; I programmed the SpaceFight AI
in it and I'm taking a Data Structures and Algorithms class this semester.
I'm basically doing this now because I want to attempt to work around the
mesh lighting bugs (sharp shadows along triangles and the bug that
double_illuminate works around). First, though, I'm going to attempt to
create 4D noise for the sake of animation.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]