POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : photons : Re: photons Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 6 Oct 2002 00:15:23
Message: <3d9fb8db$1@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote...

> 1 - where can I find description of this format ?
> 2 - is there some function that is called whenever photon hit's an surface
> (during shooting photons) ?

Answers:

1. There is not documentation but you can view the source code.  Look at the
funcitons savePhotonMap and loadPhotonMap in photons.cpp.

2. Yes.  The funciton is called addSurfacePhoton and is also located in
photons.cpp.  Media photons are added using a similar funciton,
addMediaPhoton, also in photons.cpp.

-Nathan