POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More UFO's (Just can't get enough...) : Re: More UFO's (Just can't get enough...) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More UFO's (Just can't get enough...)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Oct 2002 22:26:22
Message: <3d9f9f4e$1@news.povray.org>
Yeah, I was referring to the dark lines. I hope
you receive the second image, then you can compare
that the resized container results in a somewhat
brighter media (mentioned in email as well).

Those artifacts aren't shadows, its due to sampling
and intervals which are taken between surfaces,
even if they are "invisible", and result in slighty different
approximations.

As mentioned in email, perhaps using the modified, faster
code would be better, although this might mean that
the entire batch needs to rendered with those settings,
otherwise the media will suddenly flare up with my
images...

I'm using no_shadow now and a squashed
sphere (using 0,1 scale <4.6,2.2,4.6> instead
of 0,4.6) as container, and it runs even faster,
line 272 after 13 minutes...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde