POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More UFO's (Just can't get enough...) : Re: More UFO's (Just can't get enough...) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More UFO's (Just can't get enough...)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 5 Oct 2002 19:53:37
Message: <3d9f7b81@news.povray.org>
> And then I've noticed that you haven't set a gamma in
> the ini-file, and no assumed_gamma in the global-settings.
Good point, Tim. If I understand correctly (and I'm not sure I do...), not
setting the gamma results in no gamma correction, which means the images may
not look right on everyone else's monitors, but the final animation will be
consistent. Whereas, if the scene or ini file did contain gamma settings,
the files produced on other computers would not be the same as if my
computer had rendered them, and although the individual frames would like
right on that person's computer, the final animation would not look right.
Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding how gamma correction works?

> I sure hope that this doesn't mean the frames won't
> fit together in the end...
Me too!

> Hm. I've just watched the Toy Story DVD, so 2 hours
> of rendering time set to lowest priority resulted in
> half an image.
You have a pretty speedy computer!

Regards,
-David