POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : photons : Re: photons Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Oct 2002 07:06:47
Message: <3d9ec7c7$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:

>> 1 - where can I find description of this format ?
>> 2 - is there some function that is called whenever photon hit's an
>> surface (during shooting photons) ?
>
> It seems that nobody know the answare here

Maybe you should wait more than about half a day before assuming this?  Not
everybody is is your timezone and will read posts instantly.  Sleep is
required (occasionally) even for programmers ;-)

As far as your question is concerned, did you consider looking into the
source code?  It is not like the names of functions make it difficult to
guess what they do.  For example savePhotonMap or ShootPhotonsAtObject...

> How can I contact author of photons code ?

By locating his name in either the source code or the user manual?  Then it
would be easy to find his email address on this news server!

In the manual, read sections 8.2 The POV-Team and 8.4 Suggested Reading.
Oh, and check <http://www.nathan.kopp.com/photons.htm> for other details.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde